Nicolae really enjoyed skiing this year. At that point I had never skied before and missed out on Nicolae skiing for the 1st time. So, I decided I better get my butt up the mountain before it happens again with Elijah. With us living in Utah and Marius and Ciprian like to ski, I can only assume my boys will love it too. I figured with this sport I am the odd one out. So, I was talking to my friend about paying for a private lesson and she suggested her brother might be interested in teaching me. She was kind enough to set things up with him and I told Marius I needed half a day to do something for myself. He wanted to know what it was but I wouldn’t tell him. The day of, I rented skis and drove up the mountain. My friend’s brother was an excellent instructor and said I learned pretty quickly. It was scary at first but soon got easier. Pretty soon I had gone down the mountain as many times as Nicolae had. I couldn’t let my little 2 year old do better than me so soon. Let him do it next year. I don’t know if you’ve seen the capitol one commercials where they are at the ski resort. Well, I joked with Nicolae when we saw the commercial that they put video of mommy getting off the chair lift on TV. Getting off the lift was the hardest part for me and gave me the most bruises. It was interesting because if I was sitting on the left side of the chair I biffed it every time. However, when I switched to the right side I was able to get off without falling. It got to be so ridiculous that the chair operator at the top of the lift would get out of his little hut every time he saw me riding the lift. However, that’s the only time I fell. I didn’t fall actually going down the mountain which I was pretty proud of.
At one point going up the lift I sent Marius a picture of just my skis and the ground below me. He wrote back surprised. It was one of the best days to go up skiing and of course he was jealous. J A friend from the dojo gave Nicolae a pair of kid’s skis and boots so Nicolae will be all set for next year.

1 comment:
Skiing is fun and when you live in Utah you for sure need to learn enough to be able to go once in awhile. We don't all have to be pro's though! lol
Post a Comment