In February I was curiously looking at jobs online. I saw a Data Specialist job at HCA. The job description looked like it was right up my alley so I applied. It was a month before I heard anything and then another week or two before my first interview. The day after we got back from Vegas I went to the first interview. I was confident I would have a second. It was about another two weeks before I heard anything from them regarding a second interview. The second interview went good but I was skeptical. I didn’t know what kind of competition I had. At this point we were wondering what the timing would be for a vacation. I let them know in the second interview that if they offered me a job I would like to start in 3 weeks to give Moog 2 weeks and take a week for vacation. I didn’t hear back from them right away so I thought, if I don’t do it now, it may be awhile before we are able to go. So I scheduled the vacation for the weekend of Mother’s day in May. Just after I scheduled the vacation they called me back and offered me the job. They were willing to give me 3 weeks. So I gave my notice right before I left on vacation and then worked another 2 weeks when I got back. I started on June 1st at my new job. I have loved it from day one on the job. It’s a great atmosphere and 6 minutes from home so I save time and money with travel. There is also covered parking!! It has been WONDERFUL during the summer and I can only imagine what it will be like to not have to shovel snow off my car before going home. Accepting this job has been one of the best business decisions I’ve made. I’m so happy it has turned out so well!!
1 comment:
I'm so glad that you're liking your new job!
Post a Comment