We stayed home again this year for Thanksgiving. We would have enjoyed going to Vegas to see our friends but the drive this time of year is always questionable and I really like to cook at home. I always make the complete, traditional dinner. This year I even made homemade stuffing. I made the Challah bread the night before and got a stuffing recipe from Alton Brown (food network). It turned out pretty good and Marius said it was “professional”. LOL. He has never really liked stuffing so I was always the only one to eat it, until this year. I might tweak the recipe next year or maybe I’ll find another one to try. I also took the day before off work and cooked more things ahead of time so I had less to do on Thanksgiving day. This made it a little easier and less stressful. It was fun to see Elijah enjoy the things he couldn’t eat last year. He ate everything! He loved the green beans, sweet potatoes, jello salad and of course the pies. All Nicolae wanted was bread. This year I made him try a bit of everything before he ate more bread. He said he liked a couple things after he tried them. But he still didn’t eat very much of anything but my rolls. Oh well! Can’t win `em all.
 |
| Marius likes to take pictures of the food. |
 |
| Elijah inspired Nicolae to try the green beans! |
1 comment:
Yummy Thanksgiving dinner. Looks good. I'm glad that even though there are just the few of you that you still enjoy your traditions. That's how it was when I was a kid, with no extended family in the US.
Post a Comment