Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas 2010

Once again after putting the kids to bed and putting all the presents hidden in my room under the tree, we feel we have overspent again this year. Not much we can do at this point but we will adjust our budget next year. One of our friends at the dojo said that they liked to not wrap the presents from Santa. I thought that was a great idea! The only thing Nicolae really said he wanted was a pillow pet. Although I am not really that fond of them, I thought, its Christmas and I should get him something he wants more than something I want to give him. So, these were a good Santa item not to have to wrap! I had also gotten Nicolae a tricycle several months ago and he is already almost too tall for it. It will still be good for him for a few months and then he'll need a bike. I can't believe how fast Nicolae is growing! He turned 3 in August and he's already wearing 4T clothes. First it was his shirts that were all too short and now most of his pants look like beach pants. I have to pull them down a little so they look a little better. His feet are huge too! We had the measuring tape out for something and we measured his feet. They are 6". I don't know if that's normal for a 3 yr old, but I think mine are only 8". I know they are boys, but geesh!!

So along with the trike, we also got Nicolae a helmet. He loved the helmet so much he wore it most of the morning. We also got them Toy Story 3 and How to Train Your Dragon. Neither Marius or Elijah had seen the dragon movie so we watched that after breakfast. Nicolae wore his helmet through the whole movie. It was pretty funny.


Nicolae also loves puzzles so I got him some more difficult wood puzzles and he mastered both of them in one day! I guess I'll have to get smaller pieced ones next!


The foam swords I bought for them have been a big hit! Nicolae loves to sword fight downstairs in the dojo. In the past they would use these heavy foam swords Marius has for practicing karate. They are great for adults but Elijah can barely hold it. They would also use them to play "hockey" downstairs. So I found these great sticks with foam bottoms! Now they can actually play hockey downstairs.


I fear this is the last year I will have a little one who wants to sit in my lap at Christmas! It was so nice that Elijah sat with me this year (on his own accord). Another great present is the one he's opening in this picture. It's called "Moon in My Room" and is a replica of the face of the moon. You hang on the wall and it goes through the different phases of the moon. It also turns off by itself after 30 minutes so its a great night light! The kids love it!



*For Ciprian & Kjersten*

No comments: