Since Nicolae’s first puzzle he has really enjoyed them! He got a new puzzle for St. Nicolae day and a couple more for Christmas. He mastered those very quickly. So quickly that I went to the store on January 2nd because it was clear he needed more challenging puzzles. We went to the dollar store and they only had puzzles for 6 yrs and older. One was 100 pieces and one was 150 which isn’t too bad by itself but the pieces were small. I haven’t really done puzzles since I was a lot younger so I quickly learned the hard way of what I would consider a good puzzle. I started one with him and it was pretty hard for his age and I found it was a little frustrating for me. There was so much space that was a solid color. It was actually good timing because I had a great excuse to stop. Nap time!!!
After nap time he wanted to start the second one we purchased. This one looked a little easier. We were working on it when friends of ours stopped by. His two children who are not quite teenagers, started to help with the puzzle. It took all of us a little time to finish it. I’ve since realized that puzzles are addicting! Then we opened up the one we had put away earlier. Marius was saying how it couldn’t be that hard and making a bit of fun cause I gave up (he hadn’t tried this one before). I checked on him an hour later and he wasn’t much further than when he started. HAHA. Some of these are harder than you think!
Because these were too hard, I went out and purchased some that were a little easier. I wanted to see how hard they could get before Nicolae had a really tough time doing them. I went to Target on my lunch and picked up a 5 more puzzles. I found a Toy Story set on sale that was 24/48/86 pieces. They fit together in a panoramic puzzle. It was pretty cool. Nicolae finished that one pretty fast. I also found a 3D Toy Story Puzzle. Then I got a regular kind of puzzle that was a 5+ year old, 100 pieces,of two kittens. He finished the toy story ones pretty quickly. When it came to the one with two kittens it seemed to be the perfect level for him. It wasn't too easy but also not too hard that he gave up on it. He liked it so much he did it over and over until it took him no time at all to finish it.
Time to go to the store again!!


No comments:
Post a Comment