Thursday, June 9, 2011

Yeah, yeah...whatever!

OK. So I finished up my goal to have all my blogs in by the end of the year and then…nothing. LOL! Things have been CRAZY busy! In March we were able to sign a deal to open up a commercial dojo. It took a month to get all the licenses and the place painted and ready to open. We opened April 1st. Since April I’ve been working 12+ hours each weekday. Some weekends are working ones too. We’ve had a seminar, testing, and two parties so it’s not just weekly classes. I've hardly had time to do anything else but work!

A recap of the first 6 months of the year…..

January

I can’t remember anything from January!! It’s as if it never happened! Oh wait, the car show. I posted about this already. Guess I just need to start with February. LOL!

February

Marius and I celebrated 7 years of marriage. Sometimes it seems longer and sometimes it seemed like only yesterday. It’s weird how that is.

March

Elijah turned 2!!! He is such a sweet kid (except when the “Red Bull” comes out)! He’s a real cutie and much more talkative than Nicolae was at this age. He wanted to go to the dinosaur museum for his birthday. I kept trying to talk him into the zoo but he was firmly set on the dinosaur museum. We saw all the exhibits and then saw a 45 minute 3D dinosaur movie.


I turned 32! Yikes! I feel old. For a prize on getting here to this age with 2 kids and a husband I was presented with a new pair of sunglasses!! Now I don’t have to move my glasses from one car to another. I have a pair for each vehicle! Yay!!!



April

Practically every year we go to Las Vegas for Easter weekend to the karate tournaments there. This year was no exception but was much more fun not traveling with a baby. The kids were good and Elijah was really happy because this year he had his own DVD player to watch. We play the same movie on both of them but it’s much easier for him to see. You could tell he felt special having his very own. We also figured out you could plug the movie into the car speakers so they not only had great displays but now they had surround sound. At times it felt like we were at the movies! I was able to listen to “The Help” on my ipod which was way better than getting sick by reading in the car. Yes, I still get motion sickness. I’ve always had it and I’m pretty sure at this point I always will.

After we dropped Marius off at Caesar's for the tournaments we would usually take the mornings to explore Vegas. We actually got to do quite a few fun things this year! Elijah walked the whole time and I never took the stroller out of the car! He did, however, have an issue walking in his crocs and fell down quite a bit. After I realized it was his shoes I switched him out for "normal" shoes and he didn't have any more tumbles.

We visited the Belagio Conservatory. This is always a great place to go! It is conveniently located right by the front desk and where you get out of the elevator from the parking garage so there is no getting lost in the casino trying to find it. You also don't have to walk through the gaming area where there is smoke to get to it. I'd have to say last year was better, but this year was nice too.


We also went to the Secret Gardens at the Mirage. The dolphins and the tigers were really neat to see. I think it was worth doing. Elijah and Nicolae were both free so I only needed to pay for myself! It will be hard to have Elijah turn 3 because then we'll have to start paying for him to go to most things. It sure makes it nice not needing to pay to take him to a movie or most attractions.

Later on in the week we took a Gondola ride at the Venetian. We waited for what seemed like forever for them to open up to buy tickets! However, right next door is the Godiva chocolate shop. We got to watch them make strawberries dipped in chocolate! One of their chocolatetiers was nice enough the bring us and another family waiting some chocolate samples. Yummy!

May

The only thing I can think of doing in May was staying indoors cause it was raining so bad! We definately have had a lot of rain this year. We went to the zoo for a second time this year. The first time we stayed until they closed and we were later than I thought because I went to buy a zoo membership and they said they were closed. When I went back I took my receipt and they were nice enough to give me credit from my last visit toward a zoo membership. The day started out really sunny and then by the time we got to the zoo it was pretty gusty so I grabbed the kids' jackets out of the car. The kids didn't want to wear them at first but by the time we got through the gates of the park they wanted them. I was a little disappointed I hadn't even put mine in the car. So the kids had shorts on with jackets. That's Utah for ya. It was really fun with all the Dinosaurs and the tigers were very active. It didn't start raining till close to the end and it was a really light rain. I didn't want to be out in it at all with no jacket though.










We also were smart enough to get out town for a couple days over Memorial Day Weekend. For a mini getaway vacation we went to the Zermatt Resort in Midway. I'm so happy we chose this hotel instead of "The Homestead"!! When you are at Zermatt you feel like you're not in Utah even though its only about an hour away. It was so nice and relaxing! The woman who helped me with our reservation was really nice and upgraded our room for free so we were very close to the pool. They had a carousel that was free all weekend! The mini golf was fun but the course was kind of boring. (I'm glad they didn't charge us for the clubs!!) It was like a typical golf course but miniaturized. There was none of the typical cute obstacles you have to get your ball through. I was helping Nicolae with the first hole and we got a HOLE IN ONE! It was so cool!! I was more excited than anyone else. Marius hit his ball of the wall and out into the street at about the 11th hole. It was kind of cold and windy so I hurried and finished up the rest of the holes. They had an indoor pool and hot tub and an outdoor pool and hot tub. Marius was also able to take advantage of their steam room one night after we got the kids in their PJs and into bed. They have two restaurants and a bakery so we didn't really eat anywhere else. We did, however, go into Park City on Sunday when it was raining pretty bad and caught Kung Fu Panda 2. Overall it was a great mini vacation that we might make a tradition!










1 comment:

Kerry said...

Some of these pictures I think Nicolae looks a lot like Marius and Elijah looks a lot like you. Cute. I loved seeing visuals of all the stuff I've heard about you doing.