It was nice that Halloween was on a weekend this year! It gave me a whole day to do all the normal things I do on Halloween. I usually bake a treat. This year we did cupcakes. We also have "bloody spaghetti". Marius always makes the Romanian style meat balls to go with the spaghetti. It’s always nice to sit down together as a family. With the dojo every night we don’t sit down together as often as we’d like. We also carve pumpkins on Halloween or the day before. I always enjoyed carving pumpkins and can remember carving them even when I was single. Now that we have kids, I do theirs too. By the time I get to mine, I’ve had enough carving for one year. I do enjoy it though. This year I finally got Nicolae to stick his hands in the pumpkin and grab the guts (seeds). Once he got his hand in there, he enjoyed it. He was also able to pick out something he wanted to see his pumpkin carved into.
| Elijah didn't think it was very funny when we told Nicolae to pretend to scare him. |
It was raining pretty bad when I would have liked to get started on the trick-r-treating so I waiting hoping it would subside. It didn't so after while I thought, if we don’t do this now, its never going to happen. We can just go to a few places so they are able to have some fun. By the time we got them dressed and out the door, the rain had pretty much stopped.
Elijah and Nicolae enjoyed trick-r-treating when we finally got out to our "normal route". I should say they enjoyed it until some idiot in a somewhat scary clown costume decided to scare them to death. We walked up to this house and it looked like there was a stuffed person sitting there with a dish of candies. When we got closer I realized it was a person and they were going to scare us. A second after I realized this, and before I could shield the kids, he jumped and scared them. Elijah was so frightened he fell on his butt. They were both screaming and crying. Nicolae would not move. It was as if his feet were glued to the ground. We were trying to get him away from the house but he thought we were going to take him to the door. I yelled at the person who scared us and said, you don’t scare toddlers!! His response was that he had limited vision with the mask on. I wanted to really give him limited vision! Later I thought I should have made him remove his mask and gloves and show the kids he was not real. Next year, I will watch out for this better. After the scare Nicolae was too afraid to go up to any other houses. So it ruined it after that and went home shortly after.
As for next year’s costumes, I’ve already purchased them! I bought them cheap enough to feel great about not making them myself next year.
1 comment:
I loved the costumes .. especially Nicolae's. The rain was a real bummer!
Post a Comment